Let’s be honest here, we all have those books we’ve received for review (whether requested or not!), but we just haven’t gotten to them yet. Or maybe we went a little crazy with the ‘request’ buttons on NetGalley or Edelweiss, and we need to catch up. That’s what this challenge is for.
I’m thrilled and honored to be co-hosting with Rachel. I saw the button on her sidebar one day, and I reached out to see if she wanted a co-host. She gets full credit for this fantastic idea – I’m just along for the ride 😉 I hope you’ll join us on this year-long adventure!
Here are all the deets:
- The 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Grab one of the buttons to show off your participation! Parajunkee did a great job with them!
- You DO NOT have to have a blog to join this challenge. You just need to have some books received for review and a place online to review them
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile that shows your 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge shelf
- Please link back to the hosts in your sign-up posts
- This challenge is to help clear up books you’ve received for review. Any format, or any length, as long as you received the book specifically for review, is allowed.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2014 at both Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January reviews. (No 2013 reviews) At the beginning of every month, starting in February, these posts will alternate between both blogs. (See schedule below)
- If you forgot to leave your review link in the challenge month in which you reviewed the book or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways – make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #RPRC2014 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter
We’ve broken the challenge down into levels. You can move up, but cannot move down. Let everyone know in your signup post what you’re aiming for 😉
- 1-10: Apprentice
- 11-20: Journeyman
- 21-30: Master
- 31-40: Grand Master
- 40+: Adept
The monthly RPRC schedule:
January 1 – Kick-off at Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads – January Reviews
February 1 – Fiktshun – February Reviews
March 1 – Phantasmic Reads – March Reviews
April 1 – Fiktshun – April Reviews
May 1 – Phantasmic Reads – May Reviews
June 1 – Fiktshun – June Reviews
July 1 – Phantasmic Reads – July Reviews
August 1 – Fiktshun – August Reviews
September 1 – Phantasmic Reads – September Reviews
October 1 – Fiktshun – October Reviews
November 1 – Phantasmic Reads – November Reviews
December 1 – Fiktshun – December Reviews
January 1, 2015 – Wrap-up at Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads + Giveaway
Review Pile Reading Challenge Sign-up Giveaway
Those of you who sign up prior to the start of the challenge (by December 31, 2013) and who leave a link to one review in January will be automatically entered into the giveaway.
What’s Up for Grabs
A $25 USD Amazon eGiftcard OR a Book of Your Choice (up to $25 USD) from The Book Depository – TWO Winners
How to Enter
- Leave a link to a sign-up post or to your Goodreads Profile with a Review Pile Reading Challenge Shelf
- Leave a January review link in the January 2014 Linky List before January 31, 2014
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- Must be signed up and have reviewed one book in January 2014
- There will be TWO winners
- Winners will be chosen on February 1, 2014 by Random.org based on their sign-up Linky number
- Winners will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond with their details
To be entered in the giveaway, or to participate in this challenge, following either of our blogs is not required, but is always appreciated.
And if you’d like to spread the word about this challenge that would be awesome!
We look forward to checking out your RPRC reviews in 2014. Thanks so much for signing up this challenge. Good luck!
Grab a button…
Leave your links…